It’s that time again. Time to make resolutions that will last until the first Chinese buffet.
I don’t have many resolutions. Probably because I’ve never really kept to any, even though, this time of year, I often:
- stare at the wall of vitamins at the grocery store until I bring home bottles that often expire before I’ve taken them all
- start diet regimes that involve foods I can barely pronounce like quinoa and cinnamon
- promise to floss every day
- promise to blog daily so my blog lives up to its namesake
- resolve to visit more even though I have introverted tendencies
- clean my place from top to bottom and keep it that way
- finish a novel for publication
- pray to God to lose weight, and then I will build several orphanages in his honour
I’m not sure why my resolutions never work out.
One thing I am already doing: NOT weighing myself. Ever. It leads to nothing but heartache. It would be nice not to define myself by a number. Or at least that number.
Also, I have been flossing regularly. Rawr.
Look out 2014. My teeth are clean.