Hope you remembered to turn your clocks back last night. I haven’t done mine yet. I’m just subtracting an hour mentally until I get the ambition to change all 67 clocks in the house.
I love changing time.
I stayed up reading until 2:15AM which was really 1:15. I read a whole book last night. Yes, a whole one. Big White Knuckles (published by Vagrant Press in 2007) made me laugh and cry all in the span of a few hours. I like reading local books, mostly so I know which publishers to bug when I finally have a finished manuscript.
Reading late rocks my world. Why party in a club when you can cuddle up with a cat and blanket and book?
Here are a few suggestions for wasting that extra 60 minutes you have today:
- Sleep in.*
- Organize your sock drawer, which is remarkably easy if you’re like me and wear sandals all spring, summer, and fall.
- Bake some cookies. (Please leave some on my doorstep if you happen to live in Canada.)
- Rake some leaves, then jump in them. Unless you have a dog.***
- Give yourself a pedi-mani.
- Drink a bottle of wine. It’s the classy way to be an alcoholic.
- Crack open a puzzle and sort through the pieces according to whether they look like gingerbread men.
- Take down your air conditioner. Even I don’t use one this time of year. Except in the car.
- Write a blog post. I’ll even link to it if you like.
* I can say that this is my perennial favourite.
** Yeah, yeah, I know. Don’t laugh so hard you pull an atrophied muscle.
*** Nothing destroys your fall fun like landing in a big steaming pile of feces.