Cake, obviously, is one of my guilty pleasures.
There are lots of things I enjoy when maybe I shouldn’t. Like ever. (For example: butter on pancakes. Not margarine. Butter.)
So here’s a list of some of my guilty pleasures that I rarely feel a lot of guilt over. Sometimes. But rarely.
- Cake. Obviously. Though I do try to compensate with a swim or walk.
- Turning my music up loud when I’m driving. I’m a teenage wannabe.
- Sleeping in whenever I can. Sometimes I will have kids and never sleep again. Might as well enjoy it now.
- Coffee. I don’t care if they come out with research saying coffee causes baldness—I will never stop drinking this sweat nectar of consciousness. How else could I drive in the morning when I don’t get to do Number 3?
- Dyeing my hair. I don’t care if research comes out and says hair dye causes baldness, I will die my hair until I’m 90. I have every intention of dyeing it bright red when I’m old to compensate for the wrinkles.
- Baklava. It may cost about $3.00 for an itsy-bitsy slice, but it is SOOO worth it. Honeyed rosewater over buttery phyllo pastry. How can you go wrong?
- Pecan pie. So many calories in such a small slice. But occasionally I enjoy a piece. Thankfully, since it takes like $12 of pecans, I don’t make it. Swiss Chalet has great pecan pie for just 500+ calories. Just.
- Dropping ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to snuggle my cat. He gets priority when it’s snuggle time. He loves it. I love it. Never say no to snuggles.
- Wearing flip-flops as often as possible, except when it snows. There was a time I didn’t consider flip-flops business casual. I do now. They’re on my feet from April to November. For reals.
- Logging into Facebook more than once a day. Logging in? Who am I kidding? I stay logged in. All day. Every day.