Now that I’m over 19, I must admit to being an adult of some variety. I’m growing older, not necessarily growing up.
I thought I’d compile some of the best and worst things about being (gah!) an adult.
The 10 worst things about being an adult
- Knowing that eating chocolate chip pancakes won’t necessarily give you a tummy ache, but may contribute to heart disease and stroke.
- No longer having the energy to stay up until the wee hours of the morning.
- Being too chicken to admit you still have a beloved teddy bear who may or may not be named Love-A-Lot.
- Having the metabolism of a hibernating turtle.
- Being on Grey Hair Watch.
- Watching beloved friends and family grow older and frail.
- Knowing better when you do something stupid and having nothing to blame it on but yourself, not your age.
The best things about being an adult
- Staying up late without anyone nagging you about school the next morning.
- Having mad money to spend on anything you want as long as your bills are paid.
- Feeling as though you have some sort of wisdom to give the younger generation.
- No curfew.
- Dating or marrying anyone you want.
- No longer having to fit in with the cool crowd, buy brand name duds, or know all the latest slang. Fo shizzle.
- Making whatever you want for supper, including chocolate chip pancakes.
- Getting IDed makes you feel like a god/goddess.
- Life experience means you tend to make fewer mistakes thanks to already having done them when you were younger.
- No exams.