Okey-dokey smokey, you’ve probably seen this around the blogosphere: bloggers tagging other bloggers, who then must do 11 facts about themselves, along with answering a few questions. Amy Wheaton of Rainy Saturday tagged me (danke, Amy!) so even though I recently did a list about meself, I’ll do this again. It’s the Q & A that intrigues me the most. They remind me of all those surveys I used to do with friends via Hotmail, before there was even a Facebook!
The Rules: (Remember to post these rules)
- You must post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions set for you in their post
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
- No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 random facts about me:
- I rarely shower, always bath.
- When it’s cold outside, I’m rarely cold. I’ve barely worn a coat all winter. Just a sweater. I carry a long coat in my car, though, in case I have mechanical problems.
- I will only drink pop at A & W, probably because they serve it in those awesome mugs.
- I could eat pasta EVERY DAY and never get sick of it.
- I pluck my brows almost every night because they are so freakin’ dark they show up the instant they grow. Thank you needlenose tweezers!
- Each chair and couch in my house has a blankie for snuggling.
- The smell of Glad garbage bags reminds me of the stomach flu because they were always in my garbage cans when I yakked. To this day, I can’t stand the smell! Sorry, Glad man.
- I’m a heavy sleeper, so I set two alarms for work: my regular alarm clock, and my cell phone. Usually the cat wakes me up first.
- I cart around a water bottle with me everywhere. I drink lots and don’t want to buy water. Plus, it’s not very good for the environment.
- I tried Angry Birds and got bored after 10 seconds.
- I sleep with 6 pillow because I’m a princess. I hope no one puts a pea under my mattress!
Q & A
What’s your favourite body part and why? My hair. Even though it defies me on more than one occasion, it do love when it works for me. These days I fluff up my curls and go. All I have to do is put in a bit of mousse.
Salty snacks or sweet treats? Oh, darn those sweet treats! While I love the occasional chip, it’s those sweet treats that call my name. Julie. Eat me. Jooooooolie. You know I taste sooooo good.
What’s your dream job? Novelist. Published novelist. Paid enough to eat kind of novelist. So in other words, not a realistic occupation.
If you could spend the day hanging out with any famous person, living or dead, who would it be and what would you do? I’m not . I don’t have a huge celebrity thing, though it WOULD be awfully tempting to hang with Sidney Crosby and watch him work out.
Would you rather live on the North Pole or the Equator? The North Pole = no deadly snakes. Of course, there is the whole matter of polar bears, but on the Coke commercials, they look so cute and snuggly.
Favourite Beatle? I don’t have a favourite. I liketh none of them. Sorry Paul.
What’s “your” drink? What do you order when you go to Starbucks (or Tim Horton’s, or Dunkin’ Donuts, or wherever, YOU MUST GO SOMEWHERE WITH HOT BEVERAGES COME ON) I love Robin’s coffee. Just a single cream, single sugar. I’ll admit to drinking lots of Tim’s coffee, but only because there’s one on every street corner except in New Germany. How is that fair? Sniff.
Would you rather go naked or wear fur? I find fur repulsive. However, my job kinda depends on me not getting caught for public nudity, so I’ll go WITH fur. But I’ll be unhappy the whole time. It better at least be second-hand fur.
What’s your biggest fear? Fire. I know they tell you the smoke gets you first, but I don’t believe it.
Your favourite foreign accent? I like a polished British accent like Colin Firth’s. However, I’m also a sucker for a good Australian accent too! Oooh and an Irish brogue. Ah, perchance to dream!
So here’s my questions for the next batch of bloggers!
- Do you watch reality TV shows? Why or why not?
- How many hours a day do you spend on Facebook?
- What is your favourite feature of people you’re attracted to?
- If you could change one thing about your life, what would you change, and why?
- What is your most striking memory from childhood?
- Do you think pictures should be altered in programs like Photoshop? Why or why not?
- Would you rather read a newspaper or go online and get your news there?
- What old wives’ tale do you believe in?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- If you could only eat at one restaurant, what would you pick?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
At this point, most of the bloggers I know have done this, so I’m not going to tag anyone. And it’s 1:38AM and I needs to go to bed. However, I will encourage you to answer the questions, hoping they might spur some creativity on your blog. Enjoy!