This is the companion post to yesterday’s Never have I done (insert thing here).
These be 20 things I have done in this life. Hold onto your socks. That’s all I’m saying.
- Seen the Beach Boys in concert. I was pretty young when they were in Halifax on Citadel Hill. I mostly remember the police on horseback making certain the crowd wasn’t smoking pot or using too much A535.
- Met Lloyd Robertson and Daryl Sittler through the course of my work. If I didn’t hate how I looked in the pic with the Sitt, I’d upload it to my blog. But alas, I was having a bad face day.
- Been in the captain’s quarters of the Bluenose II. I did an interview with the captain du jour when I was working at Lighthouse Publishing. I was onboard long enough to feel queasy even though it was docked. A sailor I am not. Angus Walters would be so disappointed in me!
- Eyeballed the Rockies, albeit from an airplane window. Sure was cool though!
- Watched a high speed police chase in person. Then watched the ossifer cuff the dude. Awesome stuff.
- Speaking of which, I *may* have buried the speedometer of a car once. Maybe. Not that I’d admit to that on a public blog.
- Written a song or two on zee piano. I’m no Diane Warren, but I didn’t do a bad job. Maybe I can sell something to Justin Bieber?
- Fallen up stairs more than down stairs. Once I even had to get stitches.
- Used a Ouija board. Didn’t do much though. Probably because I’m not coordinated enough to spell out words slowly. See number 8 re: coordination.
- Splashed in both the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. Probably peed in one of them. Oh who am I kidding? Probably in both.
- Stepped into a nest of leeches. Picture hundreds of squirming maggot-like baby leeches on my leg, along with a big one. Yup. Not a good day.
- Tried to get into a bar while being under age. However, it was just to eat. And I couldn’t even do that! Grrr.
- Nearly electrocuted myself. Tip: don’t remove outlet covers while the power is still on. And if you do, make sure you hold the plastic part of the screwdriver handle so you don’t, like, die.
- Won the lottery. Ten bucks isn’t much of a win, though.
- Started to do my family tree, mostly because other family members have already compiled detailed histories themselves. I knows where I comes from! Which is mostly a bunch of Foreign Protestants who were brought to Nova Scotia to help shore up the British population.
- Used a CB radio. Because it’s fun and very Dukes of Hazzard. Breaker one, breaker one!
- Permed my hair. I would like to burn the pictures of me at this time along with my Sitt pic.
- Accidentally caught a microwave dinner on fire in my stove, then cleaned the stove and replaced the fire extinguisher without the landlords ever knowing what happened. I know. Well done. Thank you SOS Pads.
- Burned a twist tie in the microwave. I forgot to take it off the bag of cookies. My bad.
- Changed a tire. It was hard, but doable. I still prefer to get someone else to do it though.