This is for every university student out there: every university student still in school, or waiting for that first job.
I’ve decided to compile a list of ways to know yo’ broke.
- keep wishing Frenchys had a sale
- begin thinking Kraft Dinner is vastly overpriced
- don’t have minutes for your cell phone
- trim your bangs yourself
- dye your hair yourself with el cheapo colouring
- use soap until there’s nothing left but little pieces (thankfully Ivory floats)
- think leftovers look mighty fine
- instead of brewing another pot of coffee, you drink the dregs from the bottom
- buy cheap coffee that was probably harvested by children in some developing country, and tastes like dying dreams
- floss more so you don’t have to go to the dentist
- quickly decide which medications you really don’t need
- collect McDonalds coupons for a night of fine dining
- think cable and satellite are for suckers
- realize glasses will do in lieu of buying more contacts
- plan your trips accordingly so you don’t burn too much gas in your car
- walk 4 kilometres round trip to the laundromat so you don’t have to pay for a taxi (just carrying the big stuff, though; the light stuff you can wash in your bathtub)
- decide water is blissfully delicious compared to alcohol
- think preservative filled bread is great because it lasts all week without growing green fuzzy spots
- feel PB&J sandwiches are a good source of protein
- put bread bags inside your boots when they leak
If you find yourself nodding in agreement, you, my friend, have been to university in the Maritimes.