December 31 is all about looking back and seeing how our world has changed in the last 12 months.
I know I have changed a lot in 2010, mostly because I decided to go back to school and get a Bachelor of Education and begin teaching younguns.
So here it is: 2010, the year that was.
- I went back to Acadia for my third degree: a B.Ed so I could get my teacher’s certificate and begin
warpingmoulding young minds.
- As a result of my education (which focuses a lot on leadership and confidence) I’ve become a lot more assertive. I likes it. I always needed it.
- Began caring for a betta. Then it died. I have yet to adopt another betta.
- My gerbil husbandry came to an end with the passing of Willis, my last little boy. I’ve decided to take a hiatus from gerbils unless I rescue one, mostly because they live such short little lives and die very slowly.
- Jack the cat finally received permission to come into my room and sleep on my bed upon the passing of my last gerbil. A room without a pet is just not the same. I’ve rediscovered the coziness of having a cat sleep at your feet.
- Finally unpacked all my stuff at my mother’s house after moving in a couple of years ago.
- Discovered a deep and endearing love of The Big Bang Theory. Geekiness is cool!
- Rejoined PlentyofFish.com to see what kind of fishies are about. I refuse to go to The Lounge.
- Retired Ruby, the loyal 1997 Grand Prix that faced snow with a look of haughty derision. Scarlett the G5 became a single child.
- Rediscovered Cheez Whiz and other processed foods that probably should be left on grocery store shelves.
- Went to the drive in for the first time in, like, forever. Go Cambridge Lions club!
- Became a road warrior, doing animal interventions when wayward critters got in the road. Ducks, rabbits, turtles, cats, you name it.
- Requested my credit report and discovered I need to use my future earnings to increase my financial health ASAP!
- Learned how to make homemade donair sauce in response to Pizza Delight becoming stingy and charging for the succulent sauce. If I didn’t like Pizza Delight so much, I would go somewhere else. Darn you. But at least I can make a mean donair sauce.
- Learned how to make homemade caesar dressing. I am no longer at the mercy of the delicious garlicky Pita House for my fix of garlic.
- Hoarded Beep in response to the retirement of this nostalgic concoction of chemicals and its slight amount of juice.
Twas a great year Cheez Whiz and all. Who knows what adventures 2011 will bring? Perhaps there will a Nutella revival.