October 11. That’s the last time I blogged. Very weak, I’ll admit. At one point, I was blogging furiously daily. Then came full-time university and my teaching practicum. And it all went you-know-where in the you-know-what-basket.
The holidays are here. Therefore, I can blog aplenty. (If I can drag my sorry corpse out of bed before 11.)
Yes, I have only been on vacation since Friday and I have logged more hours sleeping than a newborn. I’m becoming part cat, which my cat Jack enjoys, as he always has a lap or bed to enjoy.
Here are a few things I’m bound to accomplish this holiday season if I can correct my newfound narcolepsy:
- bakign shortbread cookies
- organizing my basement library which is made up, literally, of the wrong kind of stacks
- decreasing the mice population in my house (or at least ridding the cupboards of rice-sized turds)
- cleaning up my computer (there’s enough photographs on the hard drive to resink the Titanic, Lusitania, Empress of Ireland, and Atlantic combined)
- painting my bedroom and finally rid the walls of the two splotches of test paint I splotched on the wall last spring
- completing my students’ marking
- finally starting my exercise regime
- finally starting my eating better regime
- finally looking up another word for regime in thesaurus
- visiting people I don’t see often enough
- eating turkey leftovers until I slip into a tryptophan coma
What are your holiday plans?