I know The Bucket List is an older movie (2007) but I borrowed it this weekend so I could watch it. It’s got me thinking about my own bucket list and the things I want to do with my life.
If you haven’t watched the movie, it’s about two terminal cancer patients who decide to do a list of things before they kick the bucket.
So, in that spirit, I would like to visit some of the things I would love to do in my life:
- publish one book
- have at least one child
- get married at least once
- adopt another dog
- go skydiving (I know this is a typical one, but it looks so amazing and overwhelming)
- swim in the blue waters of the Caribbean
- eat pasta in Italy and get lots of garlic on my breath
- drive a muscle car that makes the ground rumble when it idles
- check out a real castle and feel its mossy coldness in my bones
- ride a horse
- rock climb (inside, though, with all the harnesses and whatnot)
- visit Louisbourg
- learn to play the violin/fiddle
- have nice blond hair even for just a couple of weeks (I should probably just get a wig)
- look out over Paris from the Eiffel Tower
- own a house and Martha Stewart-ize it
- donate lots of money to animal shelter organizations
- finally grow poppies
- get a Ph.D or honorary degree so I can have a Dr. in front of my name (and we all know it ain’t happening with the medical form of Dr.!)
- pay off my student loans (I know, I know, that’s highly unlikely)
- build or construct something big like a deck or a shed
- have a cottage or lot on a lake or beach (and if it’s the lake, have a big bottle of Off! or something containing DEET.)
- slim down and wear size 10 or 12 again
- wear a bikini (that ties in to the last one)
- buy a pair of knee-high boots that actually fit
- help someone succeed in life
- make lots of lists
I’m sure there are lots more things I want to do in my lifetime and I may add them in as I think of them.
What do you want to accomplish while you still can?