It’s the day we celebrate mothers… a delightful, spring day in which we give thanks to those saints who clean up our dirt, puke, and broken hearts.
All Moms are different. Some teach us to bake. Some teach us how to headbutt the soccer ball. Yet one thing holds true: your mother is always there for you.
Here’s a list of my favourite Moms.
- mine (for obvious reasons though I do love those footie rubs!)
- my maternal grandmother (for her love of music)
- my paternal grandmother (for her love of writing)
- Marge Simpson (for her OCD cleaning and sound of disapproval)
- Lorelei Gilmore (for being a best friend to her daughter)
- Emily Gilmore (for always wanting the best for her daughter and granddaughter even if she is a bit of a witch)
- Mother Teresa (for her humanitarian devotion)
- Kitty Forman (for her attempts to be funny)
- Tida Woods (for trying to raise her son as best as she could)
- Erin Brockovich (for raising three kids AND helping townspeople poisoned by nasty corporations)
- Hayley Wickenheiser (for rocking the ice and bringing home the gold)
- Hilary Clinton (for not killing her husband despite his indiscretions AND still finding time to become a political heavyweight in her own right)
- Angelina Jolie (for making motherhood sexy)
- Queen Elizabeth (for loving Charles despite his ears)
There you have it… a list of Moms, each unique in her own way, but devoted to her kids even if they, like all humans, are less than perfect.