I can never figure out whether I’m pro-snow or anti-snow. Some days, I think it’s real purdy; other days, when my hems are wet, I can’t wait for spring to spring! So do I hate snow? Or do I (albeit deep inside) long for those flurries to pass across the streetlight in my yard? Hmmm.
- It’s purdy.
- It makes snow days.
- It employs people in the plowing business.
- It encourages skiing.
- It’s real fun trying to slide your car in a parking lot.
- It usually has to warm up to snow.
- You can build forts in it.
- Snowball fights!
- It’s easier to see deer crossing the road.
- You can make homemade ice cream with it.
- It makes the world look pure.
- You get to wear geek hats and homeknit mittens!
- Christmas isn’t the same without it.
- It helps insulate your home.
- Snow angels.
- You don’t have to give your dog water; he or she will just eat the snow.
- If you’re a guy, you can write your name in it.
- It hides litter.
- You don’t have to mow it.
- It makes you feel all snuggly inside your house.
- It melts and makes your clothes wet and cold.
- You have to shovel it.
- It gets muddy in late winter.
- It slows you down when you try to walk through it.
- It makes the roads slippery.
- Makes it hard to go skating.
- Rocks in snowballs.
- It can suffocate you.
- It costs a lot to push it around.
- Once it’s on the power lines, it can cause an outage.
- It’s hard to get motivated to exercise in it.
- You need special clothes to play in it.
- It makes it hard for the creatures to find food.
- Cleaning the car off a gazillion times when you’re running errands in the middle of a snowstorm.
- You have to drive slow (except if you need a run on to get up a hill.)
- Sun blindness. Ugh.
- It can make your roof collapse.
- Snow down your socks or neck. Uck!
- Yellow snow.
- Having to leave your snuggly house to move your car for the plow.
So, my final tally is… aw crap. It’s the same for both columns! I guess I’m not closer to knowing if I hate snow or not.
Maybe I love winter, yet I can’t wait for spring to come. That sounds just about right.