To do lists are a battle plan we all need; but I frequently wonder what other people’s to do lists contain.
Shakespeare’s To Do Liste
- Poach game.
- Arrange for portrait sitting.
- Practice autograph.
- Write vindictive retort to Robert Greene.
- Polish second best bed.
- Rent Shakespeare in Love.
- Draft epitaph.
- Starch collar.
- Avoid plague.
- Send bag of dog poop to Oxford crowd.
Apple Computers iMemo
- Discuss marketing campaign with Kotex.
- Put Macintosh apple on Sir Issac Newton’s monument.
- Make peace with Greenpeace.
- Harass journalist about product leak.
- Write app on washroom stalls until it becomes the hip word.
- Send bag of dog poop to Bill Gates.
Sandra Bullock’s Memos
- Shore up mantle for awards.
- Practice acceptance speeches.
- Book holiday for the lake house.
- Take a taxi instead of a bus.
- Steer clear of Mercedes cars driven by stalkers.
- Buy anti-allergy medications before going horseback riding.
- Pay speeding ticket.
CEO of Toyota’s Itinerary
- Buy mouthwash and lip balm.
- Kiss quality campaign good-bye.
- Put legal team on speed dial.
- Send dog poop bag to CTS.
- Make deal with Canadian Tire for Betty Boop floor mats.
- Cut “put the pedal to the metal” from future ads.
- Take Honda Civic for oil change.
Drew Barrymore’s List
- Drew phone home.
- Write autobiography 50 Last Dates.
- Ask Ellen Page to help whip up a batch of cookies.
- Buy Big Mac for lunch, but come home and make home fries.
- Apologize to vegetarians.
- Wash quilt from Spielberg.
- Mend Guess? jeans.
- Pawn engagement rings.
- Go buy more Revlon makeup.
Lucy Maud Montgomery’s Memorandum.
- Go play on the fair rides in Cavendish.
- Watch Road to Avonlea.
- Start keeping journal.
- Hide anti-war sentiments in romance novels.
- Plan trip to Japan.
- Consider changing Anne’s hair from brown to red.
- Revise Anne of Leaksdale.
- Spurn proposals from undesirable suitors.
- Send L.C. Page a bag of dog poop.